GD V2 – Part 15

Written by Balang Project

Built up the bottom end with Wossner oversized pistons (86.5mm), Apex Performance rods and ACL race bearings. I checked the gap on all the pistons rings and they were all within spec out of the box which was a nice surprise. One wrist pin was tight on a small end bearing on the Apex rods, but only on one edge which was odd. The problem was in the rod so I decided to just file this edge away slightly to free up movement of the pin; the rest of the bearing was unaffected and had a good fit.

It was a relatively straight forward job putting the pistons in.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.